Monday, November 08, 2004

Sometimes the mundane is good!

Well sorry for the delay in posting Sally!

What a week i'm working as a prison chaplain at the moment and whilst it is rewarding it does at times leave me exhausted. I have begun to realise though how we are all products of the choices and decisions we make. I am constantly surprised by the amount of great blokes I meet behond the locked door of a prison cell. Which leaves me only to contemplate the fact of how perhaps one foolish decision or life chance can change the map of your life. Trying however not to fall into a Cullen moment, I do see how God too is in the prison bringing about hope and changing lives not in big bold ways but in small simple ways that mean so much to those who notice.

Anyway enough of sincerity for now did you see the footy this afternoon dont worry for those who missed it click here we might not of won but wow what a performance and to leave with a draw was good enough fo me. Mind you that winging Scottish windbag Fergie said his players were not up for the more mundane games. Well from my seat mundane worked well for me and perhaps if they continue like that it may be all they have to look forward too, come on you blues.

Busy week ahead prison tomorrow, studying and writing stuff tuesday, college Wednesday followed by a trip to Wilmslow(very up market) to tell them all about ministry in Mosside, College Thursday and reading Friday. Still better than being bored eh!!

I must warn you that I am feeling in a reflective mood so I am going to finish with a story from last Friday. Along with a colleague I went to attend the Baptism of a four day old baby who had been born premature his sister had died only hours after birth and he had now only been given hours to live. On my way there I noticed my unease and reluctance about having to do this what would I say to the parents. By the time it was over I had learnt an important lesson. Sometimes the words don't matter its the being there that counts. Theology on baptism may be a good classroom discussion but on Friday it was something by which those devastated parents could have in order to remember the two small children that for such a short time turned there worlds upside down, so as I said sometimes even the mundane is good!

1 Comments:

At 11:02 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

thanks stuart, nothing mundane there that i can see,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK