Thursday, July 21, 2005

A Funny Day In The End

Middle daughter had her leaving assembly at school today it was sad in one respect the end of her primary school education yet also marked the start of a new beginning. I went to meet my new placement supervisor today he seems great we share a passion (no not theology) in Man City really looking forward to the next two years and working in the churches. Sadly the day once again has been marred by the news of more attempts at causing devastation in London.

I reflected upon that as I sat in the school assembly. The children of year 6 hugged each other sad at the prospect of being parted next week. There were big and small, black and white, there were Christian, Muslim, Sikh and Hindu, there were those who would follow their faith and those who would not believe. Yet the children saw no differences all they saw were friends. The people who plant these bombs seek to destroy all this but it is our responsibility to ensure they do not succeed. This hatred will only be beaten when we no longer talk in terms of them but learn to be friends.

A muslim friend of mine only told me a few days ago that in times of trouble I must read my bible and remember to draw upon my faith. Doing that I am reminded to "love God with all my heart and my neighbour as myself" no matter who they are, what they look like or what they happen to believe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK