Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Night with Royalty





Went to see the Kings of Leon with the lovely L1z tonight. On Saturday L1z had asked where the venue was, knowing that it was her least favorite in all manchester I tried to put off telling her by changing the subject several times. Boy that girl's persistant, so I told her. Predictably she was disapointed and spent the rest of the night moaning. I pointed out that I had tried to save her from this pain but she wasn't having any of it.

Back to Sunday, they were good musically tight, good stage show and creative use of video. Yet having said all of that there was something missing I consult L1z for her opinion. I should have known "that's what you get for holding a gig in the equivalent of an aircraft hanger" was her response as she looked up from the card game she was playing on her phone. Mmmmmm perhaps the gig didn't quite hit the mark or L1z iz right the venue is crap, oh well I'll chalk that one down to experience.

The night was rounded off nicely when a fight broke out in front of us as we left. You know when you have one of those nights when you would have been better off staying in!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK