Wednesday, November 10, 2004

It was that fine rain that gets you wet!

Many of you will know that about five weeks ago Karen passed her driving test. Oh how we celebrated, I was so happy for her, it had meant so much to pass. Little did I know that would be the last I saw of the car. Take today for instance out shopping a 9.15 now 22.20 still not back. Whist Karen gave me a lift to where I had to go this morning I had to make my way back on the bus. Now I had been wise enough to take precautins a personal cd player and an evenesance cd. That way if the nutter on the bus came and sat next to me at least I wouldn't be able to hear him or her. Anyway that was not the problem, as I started walking it started - the rain that is and to quote Peter Kay "it was that fine rain you know that gets you wet". Why does it always rain the minute I start walking anywhere? The only consolation was that as I arrived at the bus stop so did the bus.

Oh my mate had his service which was mystery worshipped on ship of fools (Dursley Tabernacle) published this week. He got 10 out 0f 10 for preaching and a 10 for would you make this your own church. Builders move in next week to widen the church doors (for his head of course).

Kathryn yet again stood in and made tea tonight in Karen's absence oh how I like my daughter growing up especially as she cooks better than me. The other two were pleased too it meant beans on toast were off the menu.

College tomorrow and then off to the posh reaches of Wilmslow to talk at the Wilmslow URC supper club which sounds very grand. Still not sure why it is then they invited me to speak, still off i will trot. I'm going to speak on how my time working with churches in Moss Side changed my theology sadly I'm talking from notes so a transcript will not be appearing (phew I hear you say) still I will let you know how it goes. If I'm honest I am scared stiff about it.

Well I await the return of my wife. I feel it is only fair to point out she went straight to a meeting and hasn't been shopping all night as well. Still she'd better come in armed with a pressie. Watch this space to see if she does!

1 Comments:

At 2:26 pm, Blogger Stick said...

I've been watching the space and it was either a very very small pressie or you can't bring yourself to describe it so overawed were you by the aforementioned unquantified and unspecified gift...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK