Wednesday, July 12, 2006

To Blog or Not

I always find it hard to know where to draw the line between public and private. Consequently this stops me from sharing some things that probably would be beneficial to do so. Last Saturday morning my auntie died, she had been ill in Christies Hospital for a while.

I say auntie, she wasn’t really just a friend of my mum’s, but she had always been there for me since the day I had been born. Watching her deteriorate over the last few weeks has been awful. When the news she had died arrived it was in some sense a blessing yet still a great loss of someone who was so special.

Perhaps stupidly I have agreed to take the funeral service next Tuesday (your prayers would be appreciated) I did so because I believe this is the last thing I can do for her and feel immensely privileged to be able to do so. Her family have left all the funeral arrangements to me and dealing with the undertakers and making decisions has at time been strange. I have over the last few days thought a lot about the divide between heaven and earth. Questions many others have asked sprung to mind so a recalled the words of the great John Bell “just trust God”.

Nothing startling and I too would have been disappointed to have trekked across the country for that nugget of wisdom. Yet in its simplicity it reminded me to continue placing my trust in a God of infinite mercy, justice and love. I hope over the next few days and especially on Tuesday I can encourage others to look within their grief and do the same.

5 Comments:

At 10:49 am, Blogger Kathryn said...

Hugs and prayers.My experience, based on taking my mum's cousin's service in February,is that you'll be hugely glad you did, even amid the personal sadness of saying Goodbye. Yes, it's to do with doing the best final thing you can for her...and walking that holy ground with and for someone one loves is such a mind-blowing privilege. It will be OK. You will be a real blessing to her family. And yes, course I'll pray.

 
At 9:45 pm, Blogger sally said...

Oh Stu, I give you lvoe and hugs..what a thing to take on, you have such a big heart..you will do a wodnerful job because you will be true to yourself, to your aunt, and to what you believe in, and you will be a huge comfort to others there. I am glad to share my guru with you!! (Small detail: I trekked across not one but two countries, and two islands.....but worth it!!!!)

I will think of you on Tuesday - of course, any help I can be in the meantime - I do good funeral talks, pick good readings and music, design excellent orders of services!!!!

huge lvoe and hugs xxxxx Sally

 
At 11:25 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

hmmm, perhaps you agreed stupidly, but more likely bravely, compassionatly, honestly and gracefully.....

will be thinking of you,

xC

 
At 11:45 pm, Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

Thinking of you, an incredibly special thing to be able to do for her, Katie

 
At 10:07 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

thinking of you, love thoughts prayers and hugs heading to you, xc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK