Thursday, November 18, 2004

It Only Hurts When I Laugh

Where has the time gone since my last blog. I don't know how some of you are so regular (perhaps its somethng you take with your tea) time justs seems to fly by and before I know it days have gone since my last ramblings.

Any way enough of that, I know many of you (well Stick anyway) have been waiting with baited breath to find out if the present ever arrived from Karens shopping trip. Well it did in the form of a swanky pair of new trainer come shoes come thingys. Those of you going to the ops weekend may be priveliged to get a glimpse. The talk at Wilmslow went well, you were right Sally very posh! However it has to be said they listened and responded thoughtfully to the issues I raised about how we are to be a church community within the context of an area such as Moss Side.

Met with Phil last week to talk about Somali refugee's (you know Phil as in Sarah and Phil, liz's friends) I left feeling inadequate he just knows so much. This is for my urban theology assignment and presentation, I cant help feeling that I have opened a can of worms and do not quite know where to start in order to put them all back in again.

That evening we went to meet someone I used to work with who I have not seen for over a year. We went for a meall in yes you guessed the Punjab! The confussion Liz had with new moons and Diwalli must have started early the place was crawling with police (the street that is not the restraunt) however liz you will be pleased to know that our service was up to its normal high standard.

This week I have had loads of training for the prison, including my personal protection training. Now some of you may remember doing this for Greenbelt a couple of years ago. That session was led by a freind of Martins called Mike at the time he said he was being gentle with us and believe you me he was. I had bruises in places you could not imagine and ached all over, no correction still ache all over. Mind you as we were reminded all day better this than being beaten up. However we were also told talk before trying out these techniques. After all it would be a shame to have some ne on the floor with their arm locked to the point of breaking when all they had tried to do was shake your hand. Why didn't they apply that principle to us oh well as they say it only hurts when I laugh!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 1:19 pm, Blogger 1 i z said...

Phil's pretty amazing isn't he? See I have friends who are not only fabulously lovely, but also know huge amounts!

In fact I suspect you're fast becoming one of them. You seem to be learning so much on your course (and of course you were already lovely and hopefully a friend!).

Can't believe though that you (Stuart as in Stuart and Karen) are falling for the George speak of Phil - as in Phil and Sarah - as in friends of Liz!!! Oh the irony.

Besides you're Stuart UA to me now anyway :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK