Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Its Good to keep in Touch!

Liz was only recentley commenting on how whilst enjoying a meal in the Punjab the staff in there called her one of the family. Indeed this was impressive to be held in that kind of esteem by the staff of your local curry house and it has to be said no ordinary curry house but one so exellent. Well whilst Liz's story may be impressive I think I can go one better. There I was watching some trashy DIY program when the phone rings. "Hello" I say rather disgruntled that I have been dragged away from my evening of trash telly. "Oh hello mate" comes the reply "Punjab Tandori Restraunt here we were just ringing to check you are ok as we not seen you for long time".

Now granted we were going in on a regular basis until my waist line increased and bank balance decreased but still! Well Liz beat that still its nice to know that in an age where milkmen are declining, postie's to busy to notice at least your local indian restraunt is there to make sure your not rotting away in your lounge.

Its been a busy few weeks with Easter and all that. The lent group went well and everyone thanked me and said how sad they were to see it finishing. I left them with the challenge to ensure something else started up to replace it as I will only be there for a few more months.

From here on in its eyes down and full steam ahead into assignments I have 21,000 words to write between now and June. Writing the words is not a problem making them have meaning, well that could be the hard part. I have all kind of interesting subjects to cover: The practice and theology of ordained ministry, Ministry in a secular context, The bible in a historical context, Apologetics, Forming creeds and doctrines. So if my blogging becomes even more irratic (would you even notice) then you will know why.

I'm still up as Karen is preparing for a roadshow she is doing tomorrow. She is working as the administrator for Greater Manchester Community Chaplaincy Team which is a charity that helps ex offenders reabilitate themselves into the community. This and the treatment of offenders in prisons is something we have both become passionate about. I suppose the work we are both doing makes you engage with the debate on whether prison is punishment or rehabilitation or indeed both. I almost hope our local conservative candidate knocks on the door so I can engage them in the debate on how locking up more people will solve all our problems. Mind you around here calling might even be a waste of time in what is a staunch Labour seat.

Well Karen is finshed and i'm done in for the night, oh Sally I have started to answer your questions - Honest!

1 Comments:

At 1:40 pm, Blogger 1 i z said...

Ah well Sall, you can be reassured that it's not just you that Mr R has been neglecting.

I mean the whole economy of Rusholme is clearly in danger due to the absence of the R clan of late.

Do you think I should dob him in and tell the Punjab I've seen him being 'unfaithful' in another restuarant?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK