Friday, February 11, 2005

And the rain came down



One word to describe yesterday CRAP it was one of those days when you wish you hadn't bothered getting out of bed. Kathryn will relate to this, the problem with ministry is that most of the stuff that makes you scream, cry, depressed and just generally peed off is the same stuff you are unable to share with anyone else. Yesterday was one of those days, in fact I keep drifting back into the feelings tonight, I suppose i'm writing this to get it out of my system and have someone tell me it will be alright. Good grief i'm analysing myself now perhaps I need to stop listening to The Smiths and put something more cheerful on. The picture above is of The Great Orme needless to say when we went today the view was more like this

still we had a good time I think! It was a cheap day out packed lunch, two flasks of coffee, eat in the car and the rain came down.

Its funny though when we came home Kathryn (that's my eldest daughter not the one mentioned earlier) came up and gave Karen a big hug and said thanks for a great day, you see money isn't everything. So after eating in the rain with no view, we went on a reminiscent drive through Conway and Penmenmawr. I had an uncle that lived in Penmenmawr and both me and Karen had stayed at the Christian Endevour holiday home in Conway when we were younger. After that it was off to Rhyl to visit some friends and then home. When I think about it a perfect tonic for yesterdays crap day think i'll open a bottle of wine and change the music.

2 Comments:

At 12:50 pm, Blogger 1 i z said...

The Great Orme looked much the same when I visited last year. Maybe it's a fog magnet?

Oh and btw... "it'll be alright" - or as Julian of Norwich put it " all will be well and all amnner of things shall be well".

 
At 5:04 pm, Blogger Kathryn said...

Maybe we should have a kind of Collars Anonymous dumping zone for all the stuff we daren't share in contexts where people might be recognised...Surely geography is on our side?
Glad you've had a chance to chill and regroup after your crap day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK