Monday, February 07, 2005

The Finer things in life

Good food, fine wine (perhaps a bit too much), and charming company. That was the ingredients for a great Saturday night when Liz joined us for a meal. Consequently Sunday was a lazy day that is after I came back from church, where, thankfully I was not preaching. In the afternoon I went and fixed a friend’s internet connection left Rebekah there playing and came home and dozed in the chair. Woke up in time to see the second half of the city game and am now bathing in the glorious fact we have not been stuffed by or in fact been beaten by champions elect Chelsea.

Girls have been on holiday today so trying to do some studying was hard, still shutting the door and putting on the best of Greenbelt 73 - 98 seemed to do the trick and soon the work was all done.

Now I feel I must take this opportunity to defend myself against some of the ridiculous rumours a certain red headed (it’s from a bottle) lady has been spreading. Whilst I appreciate that it has been a long time since my last blog, and the nature of my last blog concerned drinking whiskey, I have not had the mother of all hangovers. It’s just by the time I have read everyone else’s witty and interesting blogs I just cant think of anything to write that compares in any way. Perhaps this is the blogging equivalent of trying to keep up with the Jones.

Well tomorrow is a college day and unlike the girls I am not off until next week. A problem there off I'm not I am they are not one day we will synchronize just not this time. Ah well the joys of Tertulliun and the early church fathers to look forward to first thing I can hardly wait as I anticipate the over whelming joy I may experience, still suppose it beats working for a living.

Now I promise I will blog more often Liz came up with a great plan for me blog first then read later, now why didn't I think of that? Oh Liz I liked our graph the girls decided however that my music collection just came under the collective genre of weird. Talking of strange and uncomfortable went to my mums tonight, she's just had broadband fitted and yes you've guessed it, started reading my blog suppose I had better be good from now on!

2 Comments:

At 6:36 pm, Blogger Kathryn said...

Eeek...You have my heartfelt sympathies about your mother's discovery of your blog. My worst nightmare is my husband reading mine...not that I'm rude about him, you understand, it's just that I like a bit of cyber space to call my own ;-)

 
At 1:34 pm, Blogger 1 i z said...

Well this is a fine state of affairs young Stuart! You insult and disparage me (from a bottle indeed!), safe in the knowledge that after a fabulous night of hospitality at yours I cannot retaliate. Let's face it no sane person would ever want to jeopardise missing out on the future possibility of your Karen's ragu!

Then again, you know me...just can't help myself. After all the comedy gods demand I make the following observation:

The Best of Greenbelt CD? Yep I guess that would be a suitable deterrent to keep people out of a room...

Seriously though, good to have you blogging again. Missed you.

Love to my favourite nieces. xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK