Thursday, October 26, 2006

Day 4

Started slowly on account of the fact the older two girls had what is laughingly called a sleepover, has to be said that K in particular longed for the sleep bit as she had to be up for Uni. Consequently K left the house like a bear with a sore head only to arrive and find the Uni car park full, not a good start to the day!

When eventually we set off the stop was at the prison (no not as punishment for keeping us awake all night) to drop off an Eid present for the Imam that I work with. I only had B with me as the other two were off doing there own thing. Only Sally came back with a suggestion for today a frankly well R could demolish a fiver in seconds in the Tr*ff*rd C*ntr* and she's only 9.

Anyway by the time we'd been to the prison it was lunch so it seemed fitting to go to my favourite coffee shop for lunch.



Toasted bagel with tuna mayo for me and the same in a baked potato for B. She also had a hot chocolate with cream, marsh mellows and chocolate sprinkles, this girl knows how to lunch.

After lunch off to the community farm to see the animals and take in nature.



However, when we pulled into the car park a bonus in the form of a large climbing wall. B was a little reluctant at first but soon lost her fear and was up like a shot (in fact she would like to again on day 5).



After she had scaled all four faces we moved on to the farm to look at the little cute animals. Pigs, bulls, chickens, sheep, birds and rabbits (alive before and after I left) however, I have to say it was this goat that I liked the most.



Day 5 will be less adventurous its my Mum's birthday so all the girls are off there and then staying the weekend as me and K head to Crewe for the Greenbelt Ops Weekend. Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone. They are such a great bunch of people but distance and diaries prevents me from seeing many off them as much as I would like. So no blogs till Monday now, when I will share stories from the weekend but I promise no pics!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:12 pm, Blogger 1 i z said...

It's been lovely reading about your week with the girls - sounds like you had fun.

The farm sounds excellent...maybe we should bring one to the festival one year... I mean look at the innocent look in that Beelzebub goat's eye....like one of them would ever escape and eat tents etc...

On small request though...can we agree on a naming convention for them? I note R is also sometimes B (I think unless there's a fourth child I'm unaware of), plus of course there's the K and the K issue... How about K and KK (KittyK...)? Or K Major and K Minor?

 
At 8:16 am, Blogger sally said...

glad you raised that Liz..I haev spent at least 10 minutes trying to work out who B is...it's not even next to R on the key board now, is is Stu?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK