Sunday, October 22, 2006

Learning New Lessons Part 4

I promise this will be the last blog by this title, its not that I am having my normal titlephobia it just seemed appropriate. So there I am on my way into Manchester to the charity where I work, it’s a charity working with ex offenders (note the irony). I need some money for the bus, so I stop at the cash point only yo find the cupboard is bare. Now I am the first to admit my job pays peanuts, that’s ok I knew it paid peanuts when I started, however I also knew I had money in my account. Yes I have become the victim of crime, well to be precise card crime. Some muppet (friendly word denoting someone who is primarily a tosser) has cloned my card and emptied my account. This you may think is the lesson I have learned, you are wrong however. No the lesson I have learned is when everything around you unexpectedly caves in you suddenly realise how many friends you have. Thank you to you all you know who you are!

5 Comments:

At 4:32 pm, Blogger Kathryn said...

Oh STUART....It's you. I am so so sorry (not that it would be OK if it were anyone else, of course...but you get my meaning).
What happens now? Does the bank take action and make things better in any way?
Are you (quite seriously) OK till the end of the month?? PLEASE if there's anything we can do, let me know.
Hugs x

 
At 5:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That just sucks. I'm so sorry & as Liz has put it so eloquently on her blog, I'll not fill up your comments with a rant! Some people are just...
I really hope things get sorted & am glad you have good friends around to help.
Rach x

 
At 7:20 pm, Blogger sally said...

People thought the wallet stealng thing was funny. Did I take this too far then??????? sorry. (You only have to ask.....)

 
At 12:28 am, Blogger 1 i z said...

lol! Trust Sally to find a way to find the funny side.

Though it has planted a seed in my mind. Stuart I think I know a way this coming weekend to 'find' some cash to replensih your account...

 
At 8:04 pm, Blogger Stuart said...

Thanks for everyone's concern, yes the bank should be sorting it out. In the meantime as the Beatles put it "we're getting by with a little help from our friends"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK