Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Learning New Lessons

Had such a busy week. Karen started at Uni this week doing a degree in event management. All happened a bit sudden as initially she made an enquiry to start next year only to discover that she could still enrol and had the required qualifications.

As a consequence our lifestyle has had to change with me taking a bigger role in domestic responsibility. So Monday the new regime starts, up earlier than normal and take Karen to Uni. B brought back and taken to school, back home and make tea for tonight, washing, cleaning and then off to prison for a few hours as I had a couple of referrals to deal with.

I finished at the prison and had an hour spare before I needed to pick up B from school so I was able to meet Karen for half an hour as she had a break. She was buzzing with excitement and it was just so great to see so much life in her.

After picking up B I came home tidied up, helped with homework and sorted tea out for the girls. Picked up Karen at 6 well actually it turned out to be half six as she had been held back talking to the lecturer, honestly day 1 and apple for the teacher already. Will I ever get used to this hectic lifestyle, all I wonder is how did / does Karen keep this up on a regular basis?

Tuesday I had another prison meeting very messy lots of changes taking place in the chaplaincy team at the moment but I guess change is inevitable and if I am honest probably needed. Once they are all done then it gives a possibility for exciting times ahead. However, I’ll only be there until July before it’s time to move on so whether I will see them take place remains to be seen.

Today has been a day catching up with my diary, sending some emails and generally getting straight, something I’ve been trying to do for ages so I was pleased to get straight at last. Sometimes I find that you when you are involved in ministry you get so tied up with the doing the other stuff gets left behind.

Weekend sees N finally get married, really looking forward to it except for the fact I am the best man and still have to write the speech. Still that’s a job for Friday before going to spend the night at N’s house. I think I have been typecast as well as normal best man duties, I have a reading to do and Grace to say, oh well at least they are jobs I know I can do.

You never know perhaps next week will bring some pic’s and the tale of what happened, if you are lucky, oh and if I have the time!

2 Comments:

At 12:12 am, Blogger Caroline said...

really glad you're all well and that Karen enjoyed day 1! hope days 2 - 5 wer just as good!
take care,
love and hugs

 
At 12:17 am, Blogger sally said...

love you both, keep it up stu!!!! karen, go for it, enjoy!! xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK