Friday, January 26, 2007

Joining the Band Wagon

Seeing how many of my friends (Liz, Sally, Merlin) are using this forum to whinge about call centres et al. I thought i might as well join in. Partly this is due to the fact that having read Liz's blog I remembered to do something about it.

Last November we changed power suppliers away from one based north of the border. I received two statements from them. One relating to electricity said we owed them £13.01 the one relating to Gas said they owed us £103.26. I rang up to see if such a large organisation could manage the mammoth task of taking the smaller amount from the big amount and pay us the difference. Hooray without having to argue the logic they to agreed this was the thing to do and promised to send me the difference in the form of a cheque.

So I waited
.
.
.
.
.
.
and waited
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and waited
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and today read Liz's blog and decided to wait no longer and call them.

Me: Give me my money!

Them: Oh sorry sir, our mistake

Me: Uhhhhh arn't we meant to argue about this, you transfer me into recorded message hell only to find myself spat out on another continent.

Them: Errrrr (sounding confused) no if I could just have your wife's first name as it would appear we don't have it and that may be why the cheque would not print as the account is in her name.

Me: Errrrr yes its Karen.

Them: You should receive the cheque in the next few days, thank you for calling.

So you see I wish I could regale a tale of anger frustration and incompetency, but actually they were quite good. So remind me why did I change companies, oh yes that was it they were flamin expensive!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:14 pm, Blogger Merlin said...

OK, well done. But in a few days when your cheque doesn't arrive, let's see how happy you are then. {shrugs in disbelief that you fell for the "cheques in the post" line}

 
At 7:25 pm, Blogger Merlin said...

Times up. Did the cheque arrive?

 
At 3:05 pm, Blogger Stuart said...

Yesterday actually! It's now sat in the bank where it belongs - see all it takes is a little faith. Phew!

 
At 7:57 pm, Blogger Merlin said...

Suitably defeated by my own cynicism

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK