Sunday, January 14, 2007

Here Are The Results From The Stockport Jury

Blogger tells me this is my 100th post kind of appropriate I think.

Well following my final preach with a view today, following a weekend of meeting with the church, following the same procedure the week before both churches met this afternoon to decide whether to call me as their minister.

I am pleased, no ecstatic to say that you are now looking at the new minister for The Heatons and Edgeley Road URC's with some involvement at Christ Church Reddish.

This is for us the end of a long journey thank you for those who have been praying, please do not stop because I believe that this is where the real hard work starts.

The last few years have been a roller coaster, but then the thing about roller coasters is once you get on them you don't want to get of. So our journey continues with a God who continually disturbs, challenges and unsettles us from our complacency. Long may it continue!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 10:57 pm, Blogger sally said...

Yay! Result! Well done..lvoe you laods and laods xxxxx

 
At 8:28 am, Blogger Kathryn said...

So glad, Stuart :-)
and ime, the roller coaster shows absolutely no signs of levelling out on this phase of the journey.Tons of love and blessings for all of you.

 
At 12:43 pm, Blogger 1 i z said...

24 hours on - I'm still grinning!

I think all my friends should move to the 'A6 corridor' between Manchester and Stockport :-)

 
At 8:00 pm, Blogger Caroline said...

am so so pleased for you and proud of you, and awed by your faith...huge congratulations and much love and hugs and prayers as the ride continues....

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger Merlin said...

Congratulations. Heart felt, deep, complete, congratulations

 
At 9:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a member (elder, local leader, worship leader, breakfast provider, youth leader) of one of the calling churches, all I can say is thank God for that, roll on September when I can take a well earned rest!!!

 
At 1:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, yay & yay!

What great news! Thinking of you as you step into the next part of the adventure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK