Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year New Who Knows?

New year celebrations were good, and a little last minute, having only decided what to do on Boxing day. In a rash moment we thought we would host a party at home for neighbours and friends who like us had not yet thought about what thay should do.

I guess one problem is children. Not that i believe my children to be a problem you understand, it's just that some people don't always welcome children at their parties (having met other children this I can understand). Anyway to cut an already long story........ we decided to hold a children friendly party. We kind of thought it would end up the five of us eating left over mince pies and singing Auld Lang Syne to each other at midnight. However, it would appear we were not the only ones who were unorganised as we had about 25 here in the end. Entertainment was provided by the S*ny Pl*yst*tion and S*ngst*r followed up by B*zz the big quiz for the more intellectual amongst our number (if you believe that....) any way twas a good night.

New years day we rose slowly along with those who never went home, and were then rejoined by some of those who did and there were then 18 of us for breakfast. The party then split two ways, the majority went for a walk around Chorlton Water Park. However, three of us went to Eastlands to see Man City versus Everton (sadly for him one of our number was an Everton fan).

Now I know I had a mini rant about City before Christmas but as Craig pointed out on that same post, I must and I am now well happy. Further proof there is a God, Christmas is a time of hope, God is a City fan and 9 points from 12 is not to be sniffed at. In case you havn't got the drift yet we just kept winning yay!!!!!! Victory over Everton by 2 goals to 1 however, the Everton fan in our midst was not quite so elated.

So any way victory done and dusted we returned home to our respective houses and in my case found the rest of my family fast asleep in bed. So having woke them all up it was a quick turnaround and back out for a meal for 17!

Location was Asian Fusion in Chorlton where we were rejoined by Liz who had spent some of her New Years eve with us (see her blog). Meal was good especially my fish starter, not quite a replacement for the Punjab (not that we were trying) but if we just want a local place to eat v.good.

The next bit of the night was a bit unplanned with most of the 17 ending up back at our house for more S*ngst*r and B*zz. Now under normal circumstances i would never blog pictures of individuals making fools of themselves whilst singing along to Duran Duran. But then not most people would post pictures of you dressed in an elf outfit. So here is evidence that Liz is in fact a closet Duran Duran fan (that's something she didn't put on her five things you don't know about me).












Well the 1st ended on the 2nd if you know what I mean and we all went to bed tired, happy and well and truly having welcomed in the new year. Now all that is to come is preaching, meeting new churches and waiting to see if we know where we are going ooh it's scary!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:14 pm, Blogger 1 i z said...

I didn't need to confess my Duranie past as it is a fact I have never denied (first ever gig actually).

But seeing as you are after some other "things you didn't know about me"...

6. I know 47 different ways to kill you.

Keep an eye over your shoulder buddy.

;-)

 
At 11:36 pm, Blogger Merlin said...

Ah, liz and karaoke, there's an interesting combo. I now expect liz to join in the sing along at all Greenbelt meetings, and in fact can do a solo for us.(On the grounds I think liz is now likely to kill me because of my politics I may as well let the boat out).

 
At 10:07 pm, Blogger 1 i z said...

Ah Merlin, but capital punishment isn't in 'my' politics. No I thoroughly disapprove of state sponsored killing.

Which is why I act independently.

Still as long as Stuart breaths you can always rest secure in the knowledge that your name hasn't reached the top of my hit list...yet.

After all, it's all very well him mocking, but let's consider who was the one grumpy drawers who refused even under duress to join in. Very bah humbug that Stuart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

STOP THE TRAFFIK